Section 508 Accessibility and Compliance
RyanshTech has proven experience providing proactive and responsive network monitoring services for a wide range of governmental in private sector clients. As part of our accessibility testing services, we employ a unified, consistent, repeatable testing and evaluation approach for Section 508 standards conformance to minimize redundant testing and has provided significant savings for our clients. RyanshTech has the subject matter experts (SME) available with the experience assessing websites, documents, and forms for Section 508 compliance with robust experience to reinforce quality customer service, access to reliable information, and maintain compliance with Sections 508 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973. SMEs will understand the technical approach and provide reliable, detailed, and compliant service to satisfy the requirements needed to fulfil accessibility standards, based upon mature, past proven frameworks augmented by unparalleled experience, skilled professionals, and prior experience performing Section 508-compliance testing and compliance assessment of PDF, Word, PPT, Excel files and HTML forms and documents for federal agencies.
RyashsTech Core Capabilities include:
Our team is ready to help make certain that your digital content is accessible to users of all abilities. Different file formats pose unique accessibility challenges, and we can partner with you from creation to publication to ensure that the final product is accessible to everyone. Document formats we can help ensure are accessible:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Structuring InDesign documents to create accessible PDFs
Evaluate: Access RyanshTech’s diverse network of accessibility specialists, assistive technology users, and professional consultants will evaluate your document based on WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508, PDF/UA, and EPUB 3 guidelines. Following a specialized checklist that we have designed in-house following years of accessibility testing experience, we will:
- Run automated checks.
- Perform manual testing by carefully inspecting the document’s properties, PDF tags, reading order, links, and color contrast.
- Utilize screen readers such as JAWS and/or NVDA.
- Present our findings in a detailed report that includes suggestions for fixing any accessibility barriers we have discovered.
Remediate: RyanshTech experts can transform your documents into fully compliant publications that users of all abilities can access. We will check for and remediate:
- Document language(s) and metadata.
- Alternate text for all images that are not merely decorative.
- Headings, lists, table column and row headers, links, form field tooltips.
- Color contrast.
- PDF tags and reading order.
- Accessibility with screen readers, keyboard-only, and other assistive technology.
Web and Mobile Testing
RyanshTech’s team includes professional consultants, specialized testers, and lifetime assistive technology users who have extensive experience reviewing websites and other digital platforms. We test Websites, including integrated videos, forms, carousels, and multi-media plug-ins, Mobile Applications, and e-Learning Modules.
RyanshTech’s user-focused approach to digital accessibility testing is multi-pronged. In addition to using automated tools, we emphasize thorough screen reader testing and detailed manual inspection. This approach ensures that the website or app will not only meet accessibility standards but will also be easy to use for people with disabilities. Our evaluation includes, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Screen Reader (JAWS and/or NVDA) testing.
- Code analysis.
- Testing in multiple browsers, including mobile environments.
- Color contrast and screen magnification analysis.
- Keyboard accessibility testing.
- Verification of link destinations.
- PDF Full Check in Acrobat Pro DC (for any linked PDF files).
Our team will provide a confidential Accessibility Evaluation Report that identifies and describes any and all accessibility barriers. Additionally, the report will include recommendations for remediating the key issues and help to build a better understanding of digital accessibility your company can use in future projects.
RyanshTech provides beginner to intermediate level trainings about a variety of digital accessibility topics to meet your needs. All trainings can be performed either remotely or on-site that can include, but not limited to
Document Accessibility Training
- Creating Accessible PDF Documents to comply with WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA Requirements
- Creating Accessible PDFs from MS Word and PowerPoint
- Creating Accessible PDFs Forms
- Creating Accessible PDFs from In Design
- Testing PDFs for Accessibility
- Creating Effective and Engaging Alternate Text for STEM
- Using JAWS to Test PDFs for Accessibility
- PDF/Document Customized “Short Issues” Training & Guidelines
- PDF/Document Customized “Implementation” Training
Website & Mobile App Training
- Understanding WCAG 2.0/2.1 Level A and AA Requirements
- Using JAWS to Test Websites for Accessibility
- Using Voiceover to Test Websites for Accessibility
End User Training
One-on-One Assistive Technology Training. Our professional trainers are well versed in the following popular programs:
- Voice Over
- Zoom Text
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Victor Reader Stream